Trail is redefining the future of gaming by bringing the best mobile games to the web.
Mobile gaming is a massive industry filled with hundreds of thousands of titles in dozens of genres. Game discovery is a nightmare and requires publishers to make huge advertising spends to gain visibility. Thousands of amazing mobile titles have no reasonable way to cut through the noise. Trail’s porting and publishing solution allows mobile developers to easily release their titles on browsers, opening massive new audiences who want high quality games available with a single click.
Think of us as an app store for browsers. But with no downloads. No installs. No paywalls.
We’ve stripped away all the barriers so players can simply launch a game and play. It’s as simple as that.
We aren’t an emulation environment, and we aren’t a cloud streaming solution. Our platform is a completely new solution that maximizes performance while minimizing external dependencies. We work directly with developers who port their titles to the Trail platform also enables cross-play with the original mobile game.
The Trail publishing platform is designed to make porting mobile games to browser a simple and streamlined effort for all our customers. That said, every customer’s game is different, and sometimes requires a level of technical due diligence to ensure it will perform at the highest level of quality when ported to a web browser. The SE position will play an important role in assisting our Sales team to ensure that every customer migration is successful, while also being available to our customers when they have questions, challenges or feedback during the porting process. You will be the technical face of Trail to our valued customers and will work closely with Developer Relations and Sales to ensure we give game developers the best level of support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
- Perform initial technical feasibility assessments on each new game title being ported
- Develop a scalable assessment process that will eventually support dozens of parallel porting efforts
- Support the Sales process by providing technical expertise during investigation and negotiation
- Field technical customer feedback, questions, issues, and requirements
- Work closely with core platform development and Product teams to communicate requirements
- Assist Developer Relations with customer communication on technical issues
WHAT YOU’LL NEED.
- 2-5 years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Engineering degree and knowledge of both mobile and web-based application development
- Previous experience with OpenGL, WebGL and Unity development required
- Experience communicating directly with demanding customers to solve technical challenges
- Previous experience supporting customer integrations or porting projects a big plus
- Experience running technical onboarding sessions directly with customers highly desired
- Experience developing mobile and/or web apps high valued