We are redefining the future of gaming by bringing professionally-made games to the browser.
Why is it important?
Our belief is that gaming shouldn't be limited to gamers — anyone should be able to play games and share them with their friends.
Billions of people surf the web daily to entertain themselves, reading blogs, watching movies, listening to music and much more. But what they have not been able to do is play high quality games. If you want to play professionally-made games, you either need to download and install game clients on your computer, or reach to your mobile for a more accessible experience. This has caused gaming to be divided in two camps, where casual gamers are pushed to play on mobile and PC is restricted to hardcore gamers.
By enabling professionally-made games to be played in the browser, more people are able to enjoy great games, and game studios can find brand new audiences.
How are we different?
Trail makes gaming easier than watching YouTube by allowing games to be played in the browser. No downloads. No installs. No paywalls. Just play. The time it takes to start playing a game on Trail is less than the time it takes to finish reading this sentence. Don’t believe us? Just visit www.trail.gg and enjoy zero-friction gaming.
Our mission is to bring down the barriers to gaming by providing creators with tools that make their games truly accessible, easily discoverable, and virally shareable - with games just one click away from billions of potential players.
- Develop and maintain the front-end of our platform.
- Work closely with the design team providing them with feedback and proposing alternative solutions when required.
- Evaluate and communicate the pros, cons, and costs of each potential solution or implementation.
- Be proactive about necessary architectural changes and refactors.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Experience with Webpack
- Server-side rendering
- Have experience working with source control, preferably Git.
- Good at communicating; you enjoy teaching and explaining things to other developers.
- Pragmatic, curious, and not afraid of challenging problems.
- Respectful of other people's skills and knowledge.
- Work at our office in Stockholm three days a week (Mon, Tue & Thu)
- Come to an in-person interview at our office in Stockholm.
- Have a valid Swedish work permit (arbetstillstånd) or citizenship in an EU country.